Monday, October 23, 2017

Borderlands 2 (Monday Musings 15)

Borderlands 2--My First FPS That I Can Complete?
Krieg
I have a feeling that Borderlands 2 will be the first FPS game I complete. When I got disgusted about losing all my legendary trap schematics and stopped playing Fortnite, I started Borderlands 2

The story and music are already wonderful, with the introductory cutscene, and the graphics are exactly how animation should work. Very clear and easy to see, with no jagged polygons. Looking at the characters, I wanted to play Krieg, who's the coolest looking one, but my heart sank when I read how difficult he is for newcomers. Fortunately, Hilly_ was on Twitch streaming, so I asked his expert advice (he completed Borderlands 2 no death) to see if I really should play Krieg, and he advised not to for beginners, due to the difficulty. 

Salvador
The next class I wanted to go as is Salvador. Hilly_ recommended that I go as Maya, as he noted her play style gives you a sense of the Borderlands 2 combat, which makes perfect sense. I rolled as Maya, but I think when I restart the game from scratch, I'll play as Salvador instead.

I think that I may have been bumping into walls in prior FPS games because of the graphics. I think the original Bioshock on the Xbox360 had muddy graphics so it's hard to see where you're going. However, this is not the case at all with Borderlands 2. In fact, during the tutorial section, when you're directed to follow your guide, Claptrap (CL4P-TP), I was surprised I was able to find 3 chests. This is startling, because due to my bad vision and perceptual awareness, I tend to miss a lot of items, but in this game, I already found loot!
Maya

In terms of gameplay, Borderlands 2 was very intuitive, though I may need to get adjusted to the menu. I was hoping that the reticle would be smaller so you can land headshots better (unless I'm not aiming correctly), as in Fortnite, and FPS's that I watched on Twitch, such as Call of Duty, Destiny and Halo.

However, since I went back to Fortnite, Borderlands 2 was put on hold. But I will play the game, rolling as Salvador, and one day, hope to beat it!

The How of Happiness Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles: A Comparison (Monday Musings 80)

ADDENDUM 5/15/21 After extensively puzzling with all three companies, Artifact, Liberty and Wentworth, I found Artifact to be, hands-down, t...