Monday, February 12, 2018

Fortnite Progress as a Ninja and Tips (Monday Musings 31)

Dragon Scorch is Derpy but can kill 50 husks in 1 swipe
I'm almost at Twine, which is the last area of the game, as a Dragon Ninja, having finished all the Canny Missions except for the Storm Shield Defense and the launch mission to Twine. I have also done a couple of missions in very early Twine (level 76), and Ninjas, contrary to what's written on the internet, are viable through early Twine.

I wondered if I was only able to accomplish this because I have a great group of friends on delinquentMuse's Discord (this is her Twitch site) who carried me through. Note: when she is streaming live, type !Discord in chat and you'll get her Discord link. She has a Fortnite room where we get together to assemble parties, offer advice and support.

Indeed, all the missions I have done with them, I can easily be away from the keyboard and win. In fact, there were quite a few missions where my friends completed the objective as I went around the map to find various objects (i.e., fire trucks, gnomes, televisions) for daily rewards. Because of this, the best advice I can give anyone starting out in Fortnite is finding a group of helpful friends. But of course, to keep your friends, don't mooch unless you have an understanding that you're there to find your or their daily rewards, or you're there just to farm, through the in-game text chat.

I got lucky as I already had a team before playing Fortnite because of delinquentMuse, but for those who don't, the good news is that all classes are more than viable in the starting area of Stonewood so you can work with any group. Further, Stonewood is pretty active so it's unlikely you'll end up by yourself.

So, whatever class you play, if you meet anyone in-game who's been helpful and friendly, at the end of the mission, you can invite the person to be your friend. I would recommend doing that aggressively.

Then, as you get to harder levels, you can invite your friends through "Party Finder" in the options section where you tweak your settings. Since some may be in a mission, or a bug may prevent you from joining one of your friends, if you have enough of a large list, at least one of your friends might join.

That being said, can I truly say Ninja is viable for me if I can still win missions even if I contribute absolutely nothing on Muse's team? I'm not sure. Therefore, I decided to play quite a few level 70 missions with strangers when my friends weren't around. The biggest test was a level 70 "Deliver the Bomb" mission and only one stranger was on my team, a soldier. I think he was the Halloween variant of Urban Assault, Skull Jonesy, and was only mid 30's. He actually commented that he may be too low a level as he got into the mission using the "Plays with Others" mission, where there's a quick game option allowing you to enter any mission, regardless of level. As a level 30, you will get 1hko in a level 70 mission very easily.

This was an issue because thus far, it was my friends who knew how to build and put down perfectly placed trap halls, and I reinforced, placed traps (since it's obvious where to put them when my friends make the frame of the trap hall), brought materials.

Further, with only one person on the team, your stats aren't boosted as much compared to when you have a full team. Because of this, I decided to be very aggressive about traps, and put down two trap halls, almost missing the South side until my team-mate mentioned a storm there, and was surprised that he only died once because of the traps. At the same time, he was very skilled.

I was covering the North side, which had the well-placed traps and was quite pleased that all the husks went through the hall and I just dragon slashed the remaining almost dead ones that were making their way through. The mission was going very well.

However, as for my team mate, when I saw him go down (there's a menu status of your team mate's health) covering the South side (which had the less well thought out trap hall), I went over to revive him and we switched sides. He didn't die after that. As for the South side, only a few husks went around the trap hall, which were very easy to take care of as a Dragon level 74 Ninja. The mission was very successful.

Because the storm doesn't change direction in "Deliver the Bomb" missions, placing traps is more predictable. Even so, this goes to show you that building and trap placement can make your mission smooth even as a Ninja.

In Stonewood, the first part of the game, you don't need traps, but once you start in Plankerton, my biggest advice is to take the initiative (even though it costs a lot of resources and farming time) to build and place traps yourself so you can see what works and what doesn't. Or watch (and reinforce) a team mate if you notice that she really knows how to build to perfection and pick up tips that way. The good news is that Plankerton and even mid-Canny are very forgiving so you can experiment with traps. You will get tons of experience with all the Plankerton and Canny mission requirements so you'll become good at building and trap placement if you're pro-active.

Allegedly, in Twine, traps aren't effective per the internet, but this video shows that traps are actually quite effective. Jump to around 10 mins and 30 seconds for the game play. Although Rage Brothers swears a lot, he gives excellent advice. He's actually below level (level 90) for this level 94 mission.

I think the next tip as a Dragon Ninja is not that important, as my friend who mains Ninja was doing quite well as a level 50-ish in level 70 missions, but he has exceptional gaming skills.

But, to make it easier as a Ninja, here are the best ways to boost your stats. That post was specifically for the Dragon Ninja, but if you main another hero, the general advice of maximizing your main and supporting heroes as much as possible holds true. Then, you must focus on building up your survivors.

I was very aggressive with the FORT squad, so whenever I see the fun and easy "Build the Radar" missions that reward evolve materials or survivor experience, I milk them for all its worth, so I can build up my FORT squad stats, focusing on Tech, Offense and Resistance. Again, I use my "Jack of all Trades, Master of Everything" grind strategy where I'm extremely strong in all important stats, which was necessary for me as a relatively new gamer.

TL/DR: The two biggest tips are making helpful friends and learning how to build well.

If you made it to late-game Fortnite what other things did you find helpful?

The How of Happiness Review

6 comments:

  1. For me, there are three tips I would give to advance past your level. The first being:

    1) Tech and Offense are the most important of the four stats, and should be the priority focus of your FORT. Resistance abd Fortitude give you survivability and and make the game easier, and they certainly aren't useless as they allow you make more mistakes ans take more risks. However your primary goal is defending an objective, not so much yourselves. And if you don't have enough damage to kill the husks before they get to the objective, you're likely to lose it.

    2) Be aware of cover, and priority targets. The first point is pretty moot if you die constantly, so to pull it off follow the lovely words: "Don't get hit." Isai.

    You need to keep an eye on all enemies on the battlefield in front and behind you, make mental notes of what you need to kill first, be it Bee's, Lasers, Lobbers, kids, and take them out post haste. You need to create cover to shield yourself from oncoming damage, it is especially important to learn to do it on the go, switch to a wall, place it down and continue fighting.

    Finally if you're very brave and/or stupid (like me) and you want to play one of the melee ninja classes, learn propper spacing. It's not good enough to press W and M1, walking into a group of husks and expect to statcheck them out of existance, you need a lot more finesse than that. Use your jump to rapidly and temporarily put some distance between you and a husk whilst its attacking, and stay on your tippy toes when you're fighting them.

    3) Final tip, Don't forget traps. You don't need to level every trap to max level straight away like some people do, however ensure you hve some traps worth a damn, at least so you can make a trap hall. My recommendations would be freeze floor traps, Wall spike traps, wall dynamo traps and ceiling electric field traps, however its very flexible and you can go with just what you please. I skimped out on my traps at the beginning, because my friends were all leveling theirs and building for me, I didn't feel the pressure to do it myself. However when it came to doing missions solo after this, I found myself struggling a lot more because they couldn't pull their weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cheesus, I didn't even see this comment, apologies. Those are superb tips. Patience is key and makes all the difference when you can get rid of bees and laser eyes, b/c then you can dslash, jump out of the residual bee storm, and survive.

      Indeed, I could tank through Plankerton and mid-Canny, but late-Canny you simply can't, regardless of how high your resistance is. I was too concerned about combat scores, so I wanted to kill husks as quickly as possible, even though there were tons of bees and laser-eyes, and surprise, surprise kept getting killed.

      Now that I'm whatever about my combat score, I noticed that I'm not dying as much, but of course getting low combat scores, but who cares if we protected the objective?

      That's really solid advice of Tech and offense being the most important, b/c you're right, the objective is the most important thing to defend, like the King in Chess.

      totally agree that traps make all the difference. I think Epic wants you to grind to get these resources (to prolong the game longevity), b/c it's absolutely vital in mid-canny to Twine!

      Delete
  2. Hello, this weekend is good for me, since this time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. V-Bucks Generator

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen less obvious spambots from pensioners, couldn't you at least try a little bit?

      Delete
  3. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. Get Working Aimbot For Fortnite 100% Working

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spot on with this write-up, I truly believe that this amazing site needs much more attention. I’ll probably be returning to read through more, thanks for the information!
    Working Rules of survival aimbot Android, Pc and Ios

    ReplyDelete

Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles: A Comparison (Monday Musings 80)

ADDENDUM 5/15/21 After extensively puzzling with all three companies, Artifact, Liberty and Wentworth, I found Artifact to be, hands-down, t...