Monday, June 4, 2018

Monster Hunter World: Regular Kushala in 15 MIns With Some Practice (Monday Musings 46)

The best weapon against Kushala Daora is Flash Pods. What you want to do is flash him every time he's in the air, taking care that he's not in his cyclone, but completely outside.

I found that bringing in a weapon with high Elderseal helps enormously in getting rid of his wind shield, otherwise the wind will push you off upon approach, even when you flashed him outside of his cyclone.

I noticed I only became good at fighting him when I was on point with managing my flash pods.  

First, my Kushala item loadout include 3 flashpods and 10 flashbugs for combine.

Second, on customized radial menu, I make sure there's the flashpod to equip, which you must do before you can fire them. Often, I would forget even that basic step and rush towards Kushala to instigate the fight, without having the flashpod ready to be fired.

For the third step, I make sure that under flashpod hotkey, I hotkeyed crafting flashpods. The technique is that after flashing Kushala, as I run towards him, I make sure I craft the flash pods on the way. Often, I would forget to craft in my rush to attack him.

The times when I didn't manage to land a successful flash and he runs to his nest, I go back to camp to refresh items.

Once I got this easy Flashpod management routine down, Kushala became the easiest Elder to fight.

The flash pod nerf only applies to Tempered monsters, not to regular, so the key strategy against vanilla Kushala is flash pod, flash pod, flash pod!

I used the same equipment as my previous post against regular Nergigante to start out with. While using this build, I found that he doesn't really do that much damage, less than Nergigante's strongest attacks. 

However, the issue is the time. Using the regular Nergigante build from the previous post, I can beat him within 15 minutes, but sometimes it creeps up to as long as 13 minutes, on average between 11 and 13 minutes. I wanted the same cushion of being able to reliably defeat him comfortably and safely around 10 minutes with no carts.

Therefore, since you don't really need the defense for regular Kushala, I decided to focus on offensive builds! Since for some reason, I don't get stunned against Kushala, I don't need stun negate, and there may be a chance that my trusty Niki, with her Coral Orchestra, will buff us with stun negate, just in case.

Divine Protection and Health Boosts weren't necessary either, so I can save these slots for offensive skills. Further, the hunting horns I was considering have health regeneration augments for defensive considerations.

Kushala's most dangerous attack is his unblockable wind breath. But it's very easy to tell when he's going to use his strongest attack. Further it's narrow, goes straight, so it's rather easy just to dodge to the left or right of it.

Therefore, I didn't feel like I needed Evade Distance skills. However, Kushala roars a lot, so Earplugs 5 is a must as that will give you so many openings to attack. When he roars and you have a chance to hit him on the head, he staggers a lot. 

Finally, I included Horn Maestro to make sure Attack Boost Extra Large is up at all times.

This offensive build allows me to safely kill normal Kushala within 10 minutes, and I felt comfortable and not rushed at all, even during the times when I miss the flash pod and he heads to his nest, which prolongs his last phase considerably.

The Deviljho horn offensive build seemed to more consistently lead to shorter times, whereas the Nergigante horn build was around 11 to 12 minutes. Also, Deviljho's horn has wind resist which prevents some of Kushala's wind pressure.

Regular Kushala Daora 15 Minutes Build
Deviljho Horn for Normal Kushala

Skills include:
1. Attack Boost 7
2. Earplugs 5
3. Weakness Exploit 3
4. Handicraft 2
5. Critical Boost 1
6. Horn Maestro
7. Protective Polish

I really feel that any solid offensive build will allow you to clear 15 minute investigations, as long as you liberally use your Flash Pods.

Because of the Kulve Event and the new Lunastra, I haven't practiced enough to find an adequate build for Tempered Kushala Daora. Once I get all the Lunastra parts, I'll definitely work on Tempered Kushala Daora. I do want to mention that the Tempered counterpart will be considerably more difficult as he becomes immune after only 4 flash pods.

What builds do you use for Kushala Daora? 

The How of Happiness Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles: A Comparison (Monday Musings 80)

ADDENDUM 5/15/21 After extensively puzzling with all three companies, Artifact, Liberty and Wentworth, I found Artifact to be, hands-down, t...