Monday, March 18, 2019

Sekiro Only From Software Game I'm Not Pre-Ordering (Monday Musings 73)

In general, it's always best to wait until the about to be released game comes out much later with a complete bundled package, including all the DLCs, because at that time, the price comes down from $60 to the more affordable $20 or $30. Further, patches would have been out by now that will fix the glitches. 

Therefore, not only will the game be cheaper in price, but you get more content for less money, and a more polished experience! Additional benefit is, during that period of time, you can watch others play the game, to make sure you really want it.

However, there are some games that I have to pre-order and play right away, and those are the From software games. I played and fell in love with Demon's and Dark Souls years after release, Dark Souls being my favorite game. Therefore, I had to pre-order Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3, as I played them on day of release. It was worth the full price, even as Bloodborne eventually became free for Playstation Plus (PS+) subscribers.

The only other thing I can think of in terms of pre-ordering is to get the preordered bonus content, but usually the bonus content doesn't justify buying the game now, rather than waiting for the complete and more affordable game to come out.

Sekiro just didn't appeal to me, as it won't have the RPG elements and character building that I've come to love in video games. This has gotten to the point where it was hard for me to play games other than RPGs.

I know I've been whinging about Sekiro since it was introduced back in E3 2018, but I hope that I'm 100% wrong about this game. If my friends really love the game, I'll be sure to wait until the complete bundled package arrives - usually From Software comes out with future DLCs.

What are your thoughts about pre-ordering and will you pre-order Sekiro?

The How of Happiness Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles: A Comparison (Monday Musings 80)

ADDENDUM 5/15/21 After extensively puzzling with all three companies, Artifact, Liberty and Wentworth, I found Artifact to be, hands-down, t...