Monday, October 1, 2018

Monthly Progress Report for my Twitch Channel FuzzyJCats, August 25 to September 24

FuzzyJCats Twitch Channel

I reevaluated why I'm streaming as I was wrestling with getting Partnership, and why I feel the need to over-achieve in the field of Twitch streaming. After evaluation, I've let go of the goals of Partnership, but to rather focus on improving myself as a streamer, not worrying about the results.

I've noticed there were quite a few times during the two months I've been streaming where I'd achieve the same high I'd get when I did very intensive exercise for 45 minutes straight when I was healthy. Interacting with my community in chat gave me rush of endorphins.

My community is so supportive, positive and fun towards myself and each other, going out of their way to help by solving problems, making us laugh and feel better.

They pushed me to stretch my gaming skills and broaden my gaming horizons. I'm even playing an FPS for the first time ever (and the first time ever being this successful).

They made me improve myself in achieving goals, not just in gaming but health goals. They've also supported and helped each other achieve Affiliation and other milestones.

Because of streaming and the necessities of networking, I'm so grateful, overwhelmingly so, for meeting so many wonderful people who come from all walks of life, all of whom I wouldn't have met otherwise when I was a gamer and Twitch viewer.

I will continue my preparation for my stream. This is a must if I want to continue to improve my content because my community deserves it.

Indeed, for the next month, it's vital to keep in mind how much my community means to me, to enjoy streaming and to not worry about Partnership and plummeting views. This attitude will be my focus.

Progress made:
  • Coming to terms that I don't need Partnership, and working through my ego issues to be at peace with the decision (this hasn't been wholly resolved yet though but getting better)
    • Rather, I'm here to enjoy being with my awesome community and improving, which makes me happy
  • Smotpoker887 became my mod
  • Thanks to SpaceDandyTTV, I installed Live Now Bot to my Discord server which automates announcements to #stream_share channel whenever a member streams
  • Installing StreamElements leadership board extension to my channel description
  • Installing StreamLabs schedule countdown extension to my channel description
  • Learned how to timeout (had 1 homophobic user but didn't know how to delete comments at that time)
Improvements to be made (aside from focusing on chat primary, and gameplay at same time):
  • Continue to support members to gain Affiliation and Partner, but in healthy, sane ways 
  • Continue to be at peace with not feeling like I'm "inadequate" if I don't get Partnership but rather enjoy the process of Streaming.
  • Being able to timeout/ban LIVE in a TIMELY manner!
  • Not moving around as much as sometimes I was actually off camera
  • Listen to and summarize Stream Key Podcasts to improve content
  • Improve game skills by practicing the game off-stream
  • Continue to be consistent with prepping for stream (exercising, preparing topics)
  • Continue to be enthusiastic
  • Work on considering the pros and cons of a tip jar
  • Maintaining work/stream/life balance
The How of Happiness Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles: A Comparison (Monday Musings 80)

ADDENDUM 5/15/21 After extensively puzzling with all three companies, Artifact, Liberty and Wentworth, I found Artifact to be, hands-down, t...