Sunday, January 21, 2018

Fortnite Ninja Progress, MH:W Selling Well, Favorite Monster Hunter Game (Monday Musings 27)

Double Post!
Palico, from Monster Hunter: World
This past week, I had a nagging sense that I forgot to do something, and found out that I didn't do my Monday Musings last Monday! To make up for it, I'm going to do a double post, one for today, and then one for upcoming Monday. I meant to write about my Fortnite progress last week, so here it is: 

Fortnite Ninja Progress
I'm currently in mid-Canny, working my way through level 64 missions, maining Sarah Hotep, Dragon Ninja. Due to heavy grinding and being quite aggressive with building up my support squad, I was either at level, or well above level during my time in Canny, so the Ninja is very viable. Epic Games increased the health, shield and ability across the board, which certainly helped with progressing through Canny.

That being said, my friends who main soldier (Urban Assault or Raider Headhunter) and didn't buy deluxe packages or llamas (so they didn't have ridiculous support squad stats) were easily tackling Canny at least 10 levels below, so I think that's why the general consensus is that the soldier class is meta. But I disagree that you can only play soldier in Canny otherwise you'll get crushed. Certainly, you can main a Ninja as long as you're diligent about making sure you're near the same level as the mission level.

Since I'm not good at shooting, I really need to stick with the Ninja class, though I have my Raider Headhunter squad ready in case Epic Games nerfs dragonslash! Hopefully by the time I reach Twine, that won't happen.

Monster Hunter: World Selling Well!
Checking up on Amazon sales, I'm happy to see that Monster Hunter has been within the top 3 best-selling games, and as of now, it's #1! If it can only sell as much, or even more, than past Monster Hunters, I would be overjoyed as the franchise will stay on consoles.

Indeed, the sheer size of these monsters must be seen on the large-screen, with surround sound. Clearly, handhelds do not do the game justice. 

My favorite Monster Hunter?
Cha-Cha from MH3U
That being said, you'd think my favorite Monster Hunter would be Monster Hunter 3U due to it being the first one I played and on a large screen. However, my favorite hands-down is Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, even though it's on a handheld (I played it on the underrated PS Vita) and it's the second one I played. I love the quaintness of Pokke village and the fact that you have Felynes (as they called Palicoes back then) as your hunting partners, as opposed to the fixed Cha-Cha and Kayamba, who are nowhere near as cute or customizable. Please compare the picture of a Palico above to Cha-Cha left, and you can see what I mean.

Further, your personal farm in MHFU is neat, tidy and well organized, compared to the other Monster Hunter farms. MHFU has my favorite village theme to the point where in Monster Hunter Portable 3rd where you can chose which village you can do your missions in, I'm always at Pokke Village for the aesthetics and music.

I'm hoping that Monster Hunter: World will be my favorite, though I will always cherish the charm of Pokke Village.


What is your favorite Monster Hunter and why?

The How of Happiness Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles: A Comparison (Monday Musings 80)

ADDENDUM 5/15/21 After extensively puzzling with all three companies, Artifact, Liberty and Wentworth, I found Artifact to be, hands-down, t...