Monday, July 9, 2018

Trapped in My Bedroom! Nights of Azure 2 Ominous Beginnings (Monday Musings 52)

Trapped in My Bedroom!
My friend, Todd, thoughtfully dug out two air purifiers and cleaned out the permanent filters, installing them in my bedroom. Since then, I had no shortness of breath overnight while in said room. Due to my home being old, it tends to get dusty so I noticed flare-ups when I'm in other areas of the house.

Since Albuterol using spacer (which nearly guarantees medication is being delivered) didn't do anything except make my heart race, I might not have asthma. I'm hoping that my shortness of breath is due to allergies, even though Claritin doesn't seem to be helping (only with itchy skin).

In the meantime, I'm hiding out in my bedroom.

Nights of Azure 2--Ominous Beginnings
Aluche--Fan service?
I started to play Nights of Azure 2 (NoA 2), which most mentioned it having better combat than the original, NoA. I found 2 more spammy than what I recall from 1.
 

Even though the original involves the ubiquitous combination attacks as in the Bayonetta and Devil May Cry series, I distinctly remember that I had to deliberately dodge to defeat enemies--I couldn't just tank through.

However, in NoA 2, it seemed difficult to dodge due to camera adjustments, and extremely fast paced enemies, so I ended up spamming attacks and tanking hits. Also, the combat seemed rather difficult due to lack of affordable healing items. The healing item you can buy costs a whopping 1,800, but I only had enough money to buy a couple of accessories that are also of the same price!

I believe you can heal by hitting boxes and trash mob enemies, but during the first boss fight, there was no way to heal without the purchase, except when you perform a special combination attack with one of your Lilies, who becomes your partner. I actually died a couple of times to the boss, and failed a couple of other times due to not reaching the boss in time due to bad sense of direction.

The missions are timed, so if you're too slow, you're unceremoniously dumped back at the hotel. You only get so many chances before the moon changes, signifying the end of the world!

I feel that I'm not the best to judge the combat at this time as I've been playing so much Monster Hunter: World, where the combat is the exact opposite of NoA 2. Every single hit is deliberate, at least for the weapons I mained regularly, such as the Hammer, Charge Blade, Lance, Hunting Horn and Great Sword. 

I have a sense that maybe the faster weapons such as Dual Blades and Sword and Shield might be more spammy, but Dual Blades back in Monster Hunter 3U felt quite exacting even in Demon Mode.

Indeed, I think the jump from Monster Hunter: World to the more flashy combat style of NOA 2, might explain my difficulty. When I watched Youtube videos of the gameplay, Aluche (your playable character) was dodging effortlessly, landing all combos on enemies in perfect placement and positional awareness. Therefore, it's time for me to start over and git gud!

The How of Happiness Review

2 comments:

  1. Time for more filtering devices...though the cats love to be able to sit in the windows with only the screens down...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Todd for fishing out the air purifiers! They work SO well! The Claritin didn't help in the dusty areas of the house, but while on it in the office, I'm not having any SOB! I think the office is considerably less dusty.

      Since this is not likely due to heart issues, but appears to be allergy-related, I'm thinking of joining Planet Fitness. By increasing lung capacity through exercise, that will surely improve SOB.

      Time to go to Costco...

      Delete

Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles: A Comparison (Monday Musings 80)

ADDENDUM 5/15/21 After extensively puzzling with all three companies, Artifact, Liberty and Wentworth, I found Artifact to be, hands-down, t...