Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Gaining New Twitch Followers

I didn't realize in my previous post, How to Cheese the Twitch Affiliate, how difficult it is to gain followers, since I've been a Twitch member since 2014, and was able to collect 50 followers over the natural course. Therefore, when I first started broadcasting, I already have the required amount of followers.

I got very lucky and found amazing streamers off the bat during the height of the Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne era, as featured in this post of recommended Twitch Communities. I found out about quite a few of the streamers I follow simply by asking my Playstation friends. So I would start there, and ask your gaming buddies which streamers they follow.

Soon, you'll find like-minded communities that you can further join. Indeed, this post needs to be updated, as I've found so many other wonderful communities along the way.

Once you find a streamer through friends' recommendations, you must spend the time chatting and socializing with the members of that community. There's no shortcut to that, you need to put in the time. Indeed, you can't just stop in one day and just say hi, leaving it at that, and expect the whole community to follow you.

However, it shouldn't feel like work spending time, because you're having fun with these streamers and their communities. If it feels like a chore to socialize with that streamer, then the community isn't a good fit for you, and it's time for you to move onto another one. But eventually, you should be able to find quite a few communities that you enjoy being with.

Going through this rather long process, once you already have 50 followers, you can easily Cheese the Twitch Affiliate. Since you're very close to a few communities, and you're a part of their Discord channel, most streamers have a Stream_Share channel where you can announce that you're streaming, and your friends there will watch you, gaining the necessary 3 concurrent viewers.

The How of Happiness Review 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles: A Comparison (Monday Musings 80)

ADDENDUM 5/15/21 After extensively puzzling with all three companies, Artifact, Liberty and Wentworth, I found Artifact to be, hands-down, t...