Friday, September 22, 2017

Wanted/Unwanted Monsters in MH:World

I'm even more excited about Monster Hunter: World when I found out that, for the first time, you can customize your Palico!


Yian Kut-Ku
I was also thinking about what monsters I would like to see from past games, and off the top of my head, I definitely want to see Yian Kut-Ku, Yuan Garuga and their variants. I still go back to old Monster Hunter games to do a Kut-Ku quest. I just love his goofy face and waddling, where he looks like he's almost about to fall down. It never gets old hitting him on the head with a hammer, due to his neck being so outstretched, his head begging to be hit. Despite having bad judgment of distance, I was still capable of hitting him on the head with even  the short hammer on a consistent basis.

From reviewing the list of past monsters, I would also like to see the return of mammals Azuroth, Lagombi, Nargacuga, and Zinogre. 

Even though the dual Tigrex quest in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite was the quest that almost prevented me from beating the game, I find that Tigrex is a must. That quest forced me to use the "noob-ish" lightning longsword
Tigrex
line, as well as resorting to traps and flash bombs, whereas I'm the type of person who hates using limited resources due to laziness of having to collect materials for them again. My strategy tends to be the no-brainer hitting monster with weapon until dead. The only time I used traps were quests where you have to trap the monster.


Interestingly, since beating the dual Tigrex quest, I found fighting a single Tigrex fun and not so challenging anymore.

Deviljho and Ludroth are also much wanted, and unlike most people who don't like water battles, I hope we have underwater battles with Ludroth, Lagiacrus, and so forth. After looking at the collection of monsters, I actually want almost all of them to be in MH:World since it does get tiring hunting yet another Rathalos and its variants. So a better question is which ones do we NOT want? 

This is obviously subjective, but I wouldn't be sad if there's no Plesioth. I hate how it hides in
Plesioth--still does damage from across the screen
the water and you have to fish it out, as well as its notorious hit-box that is as large as a screen in MH Freedom Unite (though improved in sequels). I don't like the other hiding in the sand monsters such as Cephadrome, Diablos/Monoblos and Nibelsnarf, even though it's very satisfying when I whack the Cephadrome on the head with a hammer.


On the other hand, I'm hoping that MH:World includes all monsters of past series (even my most hated ones) for the variety to make it the biggest and best Monster Hunter!

Monster Hunter fans, which monsters do you want or not want to see?

The How of Happiness Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles: A Comparison (Monday Musings 80)

ADDENDUM 5/15/21 After extensively puzzling with all three companies, Artifact, Liberty and Wentworth, I found Artifact to be, hands-down, t...